- The first few days were hard. I suffered. I felt extremely hungry. I ate a lot. I was cranky and a whole lot stabby.
- I no longer think about food. It doesn't really control my thoughts like it used to. Now I find myself thinking that I am actually not thinking of food at all! Because I am not hungry!
- I eat half of what I used to and still feel full and completely satisfied.
- The types of food I eat have changed. I have the aim to create my own Gluten Free cereal, but until that happens I have been enjoying omelette's for breakfast with spinach, feta and ham, and it doesn't really take as much time to prepare as you would think.
- The way I see food has completely changed. I no longer feel guilty when I eat food with a high fat content. I enjoy it.
- I don't feel like I am missing out.
- The cravings have not gone away. Small sips of Coke Zero have helped with the cravings but once I run out of it, I'm not buying anymore.
- I look at sweet food and no longer want to stuff it in my gob.
- I no longer buy bags of Freddo Frogs and want to stick my head in the packet and absorb the chocolately smell.
- Looking at cakes makes me ill.
- My sensitivity to sweet things has increased. Food I used to love are unbearably sweet to me now.
I feel overwhelmingly cranky at all the doctors, health guru's, nutritionists and dietitians that have told us to eat everything in moderation (WTF does that mean anyway) and to specifically avoid FAT if we don't want to get FAT.
And so I am 152cm tall. At the start of the year I weighed 59kg (after the birth of my third child). I have succeeded in losing weight this year. I got down to 57kg. I went sugar free. I am now 54.6kg. My goal weight is 54kg
I did this with NO EXERCISE (regrettably), other than chasing the kids around and NO DIETING. Just removing the sugar. That is a remarkable loss for such a short amount of time. My weight has been up and down after the births of the kids and NEVER have I gotten it down so low. I just was never able to, after huffing and puffing on the treadmill and staying away from carbs and fat. None of it worked, and I was always hungry, which made me think about food more. Which was why I could never stick with it.
Losing that weight was actually, when I think about it....... Bloody easy.
So think twice before you balk at me for doing this.
You can follow David Gillespie's Sweet Poison Fan Page on Facebook here.